Where is technology headed?
Why the focus on technology integration in K-12?
- Idaho Common Core ELA Technology Standards
- Danielson Framework
- Digital Citizenship
- Hour of Code - Lightbot
What is the reality with technology in schools? - no consistency among schools let alone districts
- Devices: Why Chromebooks are Outselling iPads in the School Market
- BYOD: Student-Owned Devices Fill Schools' Tech Gap, West Bonner
- 1:1: Genesee Elementary, Genesee Junior High School (pgs. 24-25), Post Falls (2 elementary schools), Sandpoint HS (2015-16), partial - MCS, Palouse Prairie, Troy, Potlatch, Lewiston, Timberline High School (Weippe), Lakeland, Boundary County
What tech tools are being used in k-12?
- Google Apps: In the classroom, Data management and sharing, Communication and outreach
- Google Classroom
What does that mean to the University of Idaho?
- recruiting and sustaining enrollment
- Active Learning Discussion Circle