Treasure Valley iSTEM
PLEASE UTILIZE THIS PADLET PAGE FOR SHARING IDEAS AND RESOURCES THROUGHOUT THE PRESENTATION!
Technology in the Common Core Standards - highlights all common core ELA standards that include tech language
Considering Technology in the Danielson Framework - be sure to consider how your use of technology in the classroom fits in the Danielson Framework
Tech GEARS Framework - questions to consider when purchasing technology for schools
Recommended technology integration models:
- Technology Integration Matrix (TIM) - provides video examples for teachers
- SAMR - one of the most used models
- RAT - most simplistic model
The Power of Seeing in STEM:
Utilize search terms such as interactive, simulation, visualization, and animation:
- Google search "fibonacci sequence interactive"
- Google search "fibonacci sequence simulation"
- Google search "fibonacci sequence visualization"
- Google search "fibonacci sequence animation"
- Visual Dictionary Online - by Merriam Webster w/ 15 major themes
- Visual Dictionary: The Visual Reference! - same w/ a couple more themes and the virtual human body
- Visuwords - Online Graphical Dictionary that helps with seeing relationships between words
- Illustrated Mathematics Dictionary - part of Math is Fun website, includes illustrations and animations
- Visual Mathematics Dictionary - if you need a Spanish version
- A Maths Dictionary for Kids - includes multiple examples for each term, many of which are interactive
- Mathwords: Terms and Formulas from Beginning Algebra to Calculus
- Geometry Words - drawings by kids to explain geometry terms
- Online Math Dictionary - by Coolmath.com, covers K to algebra
- Dictionary of Technical English - great for definitions of technical terms
Making the most of video in the classroom:
- EdPuzzle - insert questions in videos to guide student learning, can search for videos from multiple places directly from tool
- TedEd: Lessons Worth Sharing - create lessons around any TedEd Original, TED Talk, or YouTube Video
Using Primary Resources & Challenging Texts
- Document Analysis Worksheets - from the National Archives teacher resources, pdf documents to help students analyze written documents, photographs, cartoons, posters, maps, artifacts, motion pictures, and sound recordings. Consider adapting to meet your needs in the classroom.
- Rewordify - simplifies difficult words in any text. Either copy and paste a section of text or enter a URL to rewordify a webpage. Includes classic literature, public documents, and teaching tools.
Doceo Center Website - a collection of resources for teachers
Open Education Resources (OER)