K-12 Blog Contributor Post Guidelines
Blog posts should be roughly 800-1200 words and should integrate multi-modal component(s) (e.g., images, videos, soundclips, etc.). Blog posts should be in narrative format and written in a manner appropriate for K-12 teachers and/or administrative personnel.
In your first post, you should provide an explanation of how the device can be used for teaching and learning in your subject area and might include:
- Why you are exploring the technology.
- What problems you aim to solve.
- The cost of the technology.
- The grade level/subject area the blog post is applicable to.
- How can you see yourself using this technology in your subject area?
- What are the benefits of using this technology?
- How is this technology applied or used within the teaching environment or in preparation for a teaching environment?
- Is this tool better suited for teachers, students, etc.?
- In what ways may this technology improve teaching practices and/or student learning?
- What are the potential risks or limitations of this technology?
- What are its compatibilities and conflicts?
- What else is needed to use this technology?
- How might these limitations hinder it’s usability within a learning environment?
Future posts can continue to be about the same technology or can examine a new technology. Whenever a new technology is introduced, you should follow the guidelines for a first post. Other post ideas include:
- Novel applications
- Narrative/log of successes and challenges within the classroom
- Troubleshooting guides
- Narrative/log of how limitations have been faced